Friday, August 28, 2009

Has this ever happened to you?

You are driving home--it's late, it's dark--a song you love starts playing on the radio and you begin to sing along. As you start to get into the song, you stop. Oh no, what about that episode of Dateline that you saw last week? You know, the one about the ax-wielding murderer that was hiding in the back seat of that car. You slowly peek into the back seat to see if anyone is back there. Whew, dodged that bullet--it would have been so embarrassing for that serial killer to hear your rendition of "Carry on Wayward Son" by Kansas. I wonder if people who can sing have this fear, because it happens to me every night.

9 comments:

  1. If an ax-wielding murderer was in the back seat of my car and I was singing...they would jump out of the moving vehicle and repent, never to hide in back seats or wield an ax again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'll bet you've saved several lives and didn't even know it! The public owes you a debt of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you could be right...I am a super hero...I need a name...maybe Captain Off Key!!! or kNOw Tune. Note the spelling, it's spelled like the knowledge "know" because I don't KNOW how to carry a tune but the 'no' is capitalized because I sure people would shout "NO" as in, NO don't sing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captain Off Key sounds like a boy super hero, you need a girl name. How about Wonder Singer...like I wonder why she's singing. I like the kNOw tune, but maybe make it "the kNOw tuner".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like "Wonder Singer"!! I could wear a cape that has cracked notes all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't she have a whip or a lasso or something? You could use that to tie up the bad guys and force them to listen to you sing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No more crack before bed for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, well unless they are mean comments, but you wouldn't do that would you?