Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In Memory of

P5120002 My grandma passed away a year ago. I’m sure that everyone thinks their grandma is pretty special, but I have to argue that mine was one of the best. Now Grandma wasn’t your typical grandma, I don’t remember her ever baking cookies and her house was far from immaculate, but she had other things going for her. She cared so much for people. Every time you went to her house she would have something she picked up for you from a garage sale. She LOVED her garage sales and was always thinking of you, always keeping an eye out for that perfect find. Whenever I see a garage sale, I still think of her and smile, because she would be smiling too.

P1010014

Grandma was always fun to be around. For a few years we had a nice tradition of Friday night dinners at a local restaurant. There was a big group of us and we just had a good time spending time together.

She was up for anything her grandkids would ask of her. In her late 60’s she was willing to ride the roller coasters with us and if I asked her to put on a mask so I could take a picture she would play the part.P9100023

She lived a very full life and I’m so grateful to have had her.


If you have a memory of Becky, please share it in the comments. I'd love to hear it.

8 comments:

  1. That was a very sweet post, Grandma would've been happy to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a beautiful woman and shared her family and friends with mine.

    Chris Waple & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma would have been very pleased with this...she was so proud of your photography...it means so much to me that you took the time to share your thoughts. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing Becci, it's a wonderful tribute. I miss my mom...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandma has a special place in our hearts too! She was a kind and gentle soul...with a wealth of wisdom! One thing I know for sure...she is with your grandpa...she told me she prayed so long for him to accept Jesus that she jumped for joy the day she knew for sure he did...she told me to never ever give up on your husband...they need all the prayer we as wifes can send up for them! LOL and a sweeet sense of humor too! I miss her so too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never forget coming home one day and Grandma who was having trouble with her hands sat in her chair and made me deviled eggs. She could barley hold the spoon but she knew how much I loved her deviled eggs ( because you know Mom couldnt make them like Grandma). Good job sis.
    Len

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was one of those pizza-eating folks on friday nights and playfully called her my wife.

    Wonderful post. Miss all of you in Cleveland.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didnot have the privilege to know her but I do know she raised a remarkable daughter(D-D)so she must have been a wonderful person. God blessed you all for knowing her. I think this is wonderful of Becci.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, well unless they are mean comments, but you wouldn't do that would you?